Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Ten days and counting



I hope the majority of you are able to get to this particular posting hassle-free, assuming that the listserv I established works. So let us consider this a "practice" post. What can I say, I'm learning as I go along.

True to the title of this post, I have ten days remaining before I leave! I haven't really felt the urgency I was expecting, however. Perhaps that is because I have everything I need packed and ready to go. All I need to do now is wait. In all reality, I should be spending this time exposing myself to as much of the French language as possible. The PC director of Burkina Faso sent us a list of useful links that are aimed to refamiliarize us trainees with the French Language. Most areas in which Peace Corps serves have no language prerequisite; however, Latin America and Western Africa both require that the volunteer have some prior language training in Spanish and French, respectively. I took a intensive French course all of last summer, which was amazingly helpful, but nevertheless a year ago. Needless to say, a little tutelage can't hurt in these remaining days before I'll be more or less on my own.


Thank you to all that were able to make it to my going away party on Saturday! I can't tell you how wonderful it was to see all the faces I saw. I even had the opportunity to meet some new and very interesting people. Ultimately, it was the perfect send-off party! Throughout this entry are photos taken from the party. Enjoy!


That's all I have for now. Assuming this gets sent out to you all without a hitch, this will be my last posting before I leave for Ouagadougou, the capital of Burkina Faso. It's my goal to make the notifications that are sent to you as clutter free/hassle free as possible. I am not trying to inundate you with more e-clutter, so if there is any way to minimize my presence in your inbox, I will do just that. If for any reason you really really don't want to be notified of my postings, please click on the unsubscribe link supplied in I believe the invitation email which was recently sent to you.

Until then....

No comments: